Chris Grun – Master Class (open to all)
Learn digital matte painting, compositing and visual effects from CHRIS GRUN—The matte painting department chair at DreamWorks Animation. Prior to joining DreamWorks in 2013, Grun served as senior art director at Rhythm and Hues in Los Angeles for six years, as well as working at game design company Electronic Arts.
Grun’s feature film credits include THE HUNGER GAMES, SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN, LIFE OF PI, CHRONICLE and more. Grun is a UW-Stout Alumnus and serves on the BFA in Entertainment Design program advisory committee.
Saturday July 16th
9am – 4pm Matte Painting and VFX Master Class (Part 1)
- Learn how professional visual effects artists plan and execute complex visual effects shots and sequences.
- Technical Demonstrations.
- Explore case studies from well known films.
- Discuss your project with Chris and get his feedback on planning your shots.
Evening shooting exercises and open studio / lab. Access to green screen studio.
Sunday July 17th
9am – 4pm Matte Painting and VFX Master Class (Part 2)
- Technical training and hands-on exercises.
- Guided project – work on shots for student films.
- Critique and feedback on student projects and exercises.
Evening Social Hour and Reception.
Limited to 20 students